Some features in this mesocycle:
- Squatting on Mondays during the regular CFI classes. It’s a 14-week squat cycle I programmed and used for the regular classes in late summer/early fall last year. It showed great results.
- Pressing cycle on Wednesdays during the regular CFI class. This is a 7-week overhead pressing cycle I programmed. After the 7-weeks of overhead pressing we’ll do the same cycle with bench press (insert girly-sounding squeal here!!!).
- Oly work three days per week. I’ll be drawing this work from Outlaw Barbell. Jared Fleming’s coach is writing the program there now and I really like his methods so far.
- Strict handstand pushup density training once per week. I don’t care if you can do 518 consecutive kipping handstand pushups, you need to build the shoulder strength for strict handstand pushups as well.
- Chest to bar pullup progression twice per week. This is to improve your butterfly kip technique and pulling strength.
- Strongman workout on Thursday.
- Monday and Tuesday are long, tough days. Wednesday is lower volume. Thursday is very low volume. Friday is another tough day. And then there’s…
- Thunderdome Saturday
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/document/d/18nE-RnKKxJg2t61B_grwEouzzAWYdLIdKWgtny5ouuQ/edit?usp=drivesdk” title=”Strength & Conditioning Week 1″ icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_11_document_list.png” newwindow=”yes” style=”normal”]
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/document/d/18nE-RnKKxJg2t61B_grwEouzzAWYdLIdKWgtny5ouuQ/preview” title=”Strength & Conditioning Week 1″ icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_11_document_list.png” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]