2:30 pm ROM WOD
3 pm Coach’s Choice WOD
Find a 1RM Power Clean + Push Jerk
30 Power Clean & Jerks @ 135/95#
*Push Jerk or Split Jerk is allowed during Grace, but Push Jerk is by far the better movement to use.
Tabata Shoulder Press @ 45/35#
20 seconds work
10 seconds rest
*During the rest intervals the barbell must be held in the Shoulder Press starting position, but not touching your shoulders or chest. Yes. You have to just hold it there. Once you pick up the barbell to start, you will not put it down until all 8 Tabata rounds are over.
* If you take the bar off your shoulders during any rest interval, subtract 10 reps for each infraction.
*Scored by total reps completed.
Front Squat Cycle Week 5 of 7
E1.5MOM for 5 Rounds
3 Front Squats
*Everyone’s first set is with the empty bar. Add load gradually until it starts to get heavy.
E2.5MOM for 6 Rounds
3 Front Squats
*Continue building to find your 3RM. Once you find your 3RM, reduce the weight by 15%, and continue doing 3 reps every round until all rounds are complete.
2 sets x 12 reps (each leg) of Bulgarian Split Squats
Extra Credit: 10…1
10 Strict Pullups
9 Strict Chinups
8 Strict Pullups
7 Strict Chinups…
One Class at 9 am
AMRAP 60 min
17 Power cleans @ 135/85#
75 Air Squats
After each round break down your bar. Carry the bar 200m away. Put it down. Return and get one plate. Carry it to the same spot, 200m away. Put it down. Return and get the final plate. Reassemble your bar and begin the next round.
Find a 1RM Hang Snatch
In 13 minutes:
40 Deadlifts @ 115/75#
30 Toes to Rings
20 Handstand Pushups
10 Hang Snatches @ 115/75#
AMRAP Bar Facing Burpees in Remaining Time
*Scored by total reps. (Run will not count as a rep)
400m Farmer’s carry @ 70/53# each hand.
*Add 5 lbs each minute
1 Shoulder Press
-when you fail Shoulder Press, on your next minute move to-
1 Push Press
-when you fail Push Press, on your next minute move to-
1 Push Jerk
-when you fail Push Jerk, on your next minute move to-
1 Split Jerk
-when you fail Split Jerk, you are done-
- Start light enough that you can survive at least 20 minutes (+100 lbs from starting weight).
- Fail to survive 20 minutes and you owe a 3000m penalty row after class. Bronze is excluded.
- Failing to get your lift done within the minute also requires a 3000m penalty row after class. So when you fail a lift and drop the bar on the ground, there’s no time for a pity party, because your partner is counting on you to help put the bar back on the rack quickly. So keep your head in the game and be a team player.
- Only one attempt per minute.
Find a Max Distance Broad Jump
5 Chest to Bar Pullups
10 Wall Ball Shots @ 20/14#
15 Kettlebell Swings @ 53/35#
In 20 minutes work up to a Heavy 3-rep Back Squat