I retooled the template for this cycle to address some gaps:
- We’re going to practice MUs and HSPUs using density training. You may remember it from last season. This week we start with a 10 minute EMOM and work down from there. This worked great last time. I think having tangible metrics for skill work will drive us to be better.
- I’ve incorporated strongman style training from strongmanwod.com. It’s about the best thing I’ve seen for making you brutally strong and powerful.
- I’m taking our weightlifting work from a Catalyst Athletics cycle
- Gymnastics work comes from Carl Paoli
- Our Thursday endurance work on the rower comes from Chris Hinshaw. He is the endurance coach for NorCal CrossFit
- We’ll be working speed/agility once a week. I’m tired of being slow.
I’ve also got a pretty unique idea for Thunderdome Saturday. It’s more of an “Expedition Saturday.”
So that’s where I’m headed with my training. I welcome you to follow me.
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LE9xdE7BakCStXrS0bzQez0RvDLh5FM_YlWt-aHZfwo/edit?usp=drivesdk” title=”Strength and Gymnastics II Week 3″ icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_11_document_list.png” newwindow=”yes” style=”normal”]
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LE9xdE7BakCStXrS0bzQez0RvDLh5FM_YlWt-aHZfwo/preview” title=”Strength and Gymnastics II Week 3″ icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_11_document_list.png” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]