Update: We are now collecting donations for two tornado victims that lost everything. That’s a tall order, and we need help from all of you to make it happen.
Update 2: You can also volunteer your time on Sunday to help clear trees at a tornado damaged home in Harvest. Get all the details here.
1. A 10-year active duty Sailor, and friend of CFI athlete Tristan Whitson, lived in Carter’s Gin near Toney before the recent storms. His family lost everything to a tornado. CrossFit Impulse will be collecting donations for this family for the rest of the week. The family is comprised of a man, woman, and three boys ages 3, 5, and 7. Anyone wishing to donate should bring items to CFI during any scheduled class. Items will be stored in the adjacent warehouse and distributed on Saturday afternoon. The last chance to donate will be the Saturday morning class at 9 AM. Below is a list of needs:
- Wal-Mart, Target giftcards (my suggestion, not theirs)
- Men’s pants (32 x 32), medium or large shirts, size 11 shoes
- Women’s size 10 pants, medium shirts, size 9 shoes
- Kids’ 3T or 4T shirts and 11/12-12 infant shoes
- Kids’ small shirts and 2.5 shoes.
2. Mother of CFI athlete Brandon Ijames lived in the Phil Campbell area and lost everything to the devastating tornado there.
Here is a list of her sizes and other suggestions.
- dog food/treats (the dog’s miraculously survived)
- fresh foods such as fruits, since most of stuff she receives from help centers are non-perishables
- tops (M-L sizes)
- pants, shorts (size 7/8)
- shoes (size 9)
- Wal-Mart gift cards are preferred for her.
Let’s come together to make a difference in the life of these families.